Wednesday, January 12, 2011

First words from a wordie

Greetings, Readers!

My name is Marin. I'm a third year student at College of the Atlantic whose been tasked with keeping a daily blog for the next ten weeks. At minimum my goal is to keep information flowing, but ideally I'd also like to keep it interesting and informative. So, I've choose a topic with which I'm semi-obsessed and one with which I'm convinced we can all relate--language.

With the exception of a few taboo four letter words this blogging site will electronically bleep over, nothing is off limits. This blog is a place for exploring words, phrases, and, if I'm feeling ambitious, entire languages. I'll consider their origins, uses, misuses, conventions, reinventions and interpretations. Anything and everything from Pig Latin to Pidgin, bad poetry and fine prose, to song lyrics, Braille, sign language and the chociest line of the Jabberwocky is fair game. And In my writing about words, I reserve the right to invent new ones, like chociest. I encourage you to do it, too.

Fellow wordies, join the party.

No comments:

Post a Comment