Sunday, February 13, 2011

It's almost Valentine's Day!

I don't get too excited about the whole red, pink, cupid, heart part of it all--I don't even like the store bought chocolates all that much, but I'm a sucker for the baked goods. Tomorrow the wonderful people in the COA kitchen--effectionately called Take a Brak, or TAB, are making us chocolate raspberry cookies, dipped in choclate with white chocolate moeuse.

All that, of course, got me thinking about expressions we use with hearts. Why has the heart become the body part we associate with emotion, and, more important, why is it good to melt someone's heart but bad to break it. I think either actually sounds pretty terrible, and if you think about it, putting together a broken heart is probalby easier than reconstituting a melted heart.

Just saying...

No comments:

Post a Comment